This past week was challenging from the perspective of health issues (nothing major - more just niggling, annoying things that kept me from doing the things I wanted to do) and the resultant mental noise (chaos) that stemmed from that.
I found myself questioning my abilities and wondering if I was able to continue the progression I'd been seeing thus far or if I'd hit my limits with how far I could go with my training.
On Sunday, I was actually disappointed that I 'only' swam 1500m. I'd been hoping for more. My husband (Eric) just laughed!
So, in an attempt to quiet the demons in my own mind, I looked back over the workouts I had completed from the time I started with my coach (JJ) in October 2009...
Time for a REALITY CHECK:
- In October, I was swimming 700m on my Tues night 'long' swims... and running 2:1's
- At Christmas I was running 9:1's... long swim was 900m....
- By New Year's Day I was swimming 1200m
- On my birthday - January 26th - I swam my first 1500m and then within a week, hit 1650m at the pool on Sunday...
- I'm now able to run 30 mins steady and my long runs have increased to about 90 minutes in length while I train for the Around the Bay (2-man relay) on Sunday March 30th.
WOW - when I look back, I guess I am accomplishing a lot!! I really hope I can stay positive and recognize and celebrate my successes without worrying about the 'wanting more'... it will come... when the time is right. Yoga has taught me that much! :) Keep moving forward... or, in the words of Dory (Finding Nemo) "Just keep swimming..."