We all know people who provide support throughout our athletic (and LIFE) journeys... I wanted to share a few of mine and express my gratitude for each... (you can find links in the LINKS section)
- JJ Neely (Milton, ON) -- without him, I would have little to no direction in my training schedule and would not be accomplishing half of what I'm doing right now!
- Getting a coach was the best thing I could have done for myself!
- The ongoing support and direction is invaluable to me -- Thanks, JJ!!
MY BIKE SPECIALIST:
- Ian MacLean (Milton, ON) - IMFIT and Younique Cycles
- Thanks to Ian, a Guru dealer, I enjoy a wonderful ride and comfortable fit on my (teeny weeny) custom Guru road bike and soon... my custom (teeny weeny) Guru TT bike
- In addition to building me my awesome ride, Ian does all of my VO2 testing as well - and has state of the art equipment for same - I see him every 4-6 months for repeat VO2 tests for bike and run and take that information away with me so that I can train based on my heart rate (HR) - this has transformed my training and helped me to reach new heights of fitness - Thanks, Ian!!
- What can I say? Without a great physiotherapist in my corner, I'd be a mess! LOL!
- I'm so grateful to the therapists and staff at Kings Cross Physiotherapy in Brampton, ON for keeping me 'upright and smiling' throughout my athletic endeavours - Thanks, Steve!!
- Tara Postnikoff (HEAL Nutrition) and I have just started our journey together towards a healthier, well-nourished for sports training and racing SUE
- I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo) and was really hoping to do this whole training thing on whole foods but within 4 months of beginning this journey, I'm realizing that it is extremely hard - so now I have to learn more about sports aids and how and when they are most effective for my needs
- I'm excited to have someone in my corner who can really help me to understand my nutritional needs for my new lifestyle and adopt best practices for me
- I look forward to less bonking and more energy for my workouts and events! Thanks, Tara!!
- Who doesn't need a good massage during their athletic life?
- I'm grateful to Peter Volkes and Angela Nardella at Optimal Health and Performance in Brampton, ON, for helping me with the things that I just can't do for myself and for giving me license to RELAX and let someone else take over... Thanks Peter and Angela!!
FMCT (Fletcher's Meadow Cross Trainers) - Brampton, ON
- I have made many friends in the club and cherish those friendships
- if I had not joined this group I would have missed out on many great experiences!
- we have a lot of fun together and enjoy training and playing together!
- group spin classes; coached swims; group runs, rides... FMCT has it all
- road trips and group socials are a big part of this fun group!
- if it were not for this group, I would not be swimming now... I owe them a HUGE 'thank you' for welcoming me to their swim program when I had just taken learn to swim lessons and was incapable of swimming a decent 25m of ANY stroke (other masters' swim programs turned me down!)
- whether you have been swimming your whole life or are just starting out (as I was) this group will welcome you and provide you with top-notch coaching - there is truly something for everyone!
- great people who enjoy the lifestyle and training as well as the social aspects :)
- coached swimming, coached spin classes and more...
MY HUSBAND - ERIC:
- I can't leave him out - he's my biggest supporter through all of this and has been since we met 4 years ago!
- Eric's belief in my athletic abilities far outweigh my own but I'm starting to really enjoy my personal sports accomplishments and am glad I have him on my side and we can motivate each other (Eric is doing his first IM at Lake Placid in July 2010)
- Thank you for not laughing out loud when, 4 years ago, (terrified) I was incapable of swimming even 5 meters in a lake without sputtering and panicking
- Thank you for embracing the fact that your wife will likely always scream "WHEE!" on her way down a big hill and you will hear her laughing in the distance
- Thank you for understanding that a faster course time is less important to me than petting and loving all of the dogs along the course!
- Thank you for encouraging me to keep trying and for loving me enough to let me spread my wings and fly!
- Thank you for being you xoxo