Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Little Engine That Could...

Well, for me... it's ALL about the bike...

My swimming skills are coming along - I can swim in the lake without panicking... My running is pretty good, too and I have no complaints.

My biking, shall we say, is lacking... I lack endurance, strength and possibly more than anything else:  time in the saddle.  I know... that's what training is for... thanks for the heads up... however I am finding myself sorely lacking in self-confidence when it comes to my bike skills.

Obviously this has to change.  NOW.  Yesterday, in fact...

This coming weekend we are going up to Muskoka to ride the hills - I don't know if they will be alive with the sound of music... but likely they will be alive with the sounds of one small triathlete screaming "Wheeeeeeeeee!" on the downhills and grunting and muttering aloud to herself on the uphill climbs... I foresee a large amount of prayers for personal safety and for mental calmness... Should be a nice weekend... let's hope for NO KAMIKAZEE SQUIRRELS OR CHIPMUNKS...

Last year when the tri club went to Muskoka, it SNOWED.  Yes, you read that correctly... SNOW.  How weird is that?!?  I have photographs of snow falling on the wetsuits hung out to dry...

I have my orders - I mean, my training schedule all set up for me - complete with maps and everything.  It's my biggest scheduled week of training to date.  I hope I can complete it all!

I have swapped my rear cassette for a 12-27 so I have a couple of extra climbing gears.  Will it be enough to allow me to pedal my way to new heights?  We shall see, I guess... only one way to find out...

I have my mantra for the bike training:

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment