Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa Speedo Run 2010

On Saturday, December 11, 2010, about 50 or so of my friends and I... disrobed for charity and ran through the streets of upscale Yorkville, to raise money for The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.  It was the 6th annual running of the event. 

We donned our red Speedo bathing suits and favourite decorations (personally I'm a HUGE fan of bells on my running shoes - 5 bells on each shoe this year!), Santa hats, mittens, etc... (yours truly had not been feeling well since Thursday, so this year I wore a big, furry Santa hat and a scarf to try and beat the cold).

Somehow, the camera buff forgot to load her memory card!!!  AAAARGH!  That's because I've been too busy baking, no doubt... I have flour up my nose, clogging my brain cells... sigh...   I got a couple of shots on my iPhone but as you can imagine, they are not stellar... oh well...

There were possibly hundreds of people around town who were honking car horns, filming us and photographing us as we ran by, waving, smiling and singing 'Jingle Bells'... even the homeless gentleman cheered for us as we went by...

This is the most kind-spirited group of athletes you could hope to meet!  If you are in the Toronto area, come and join us next year - it will be an experience you will never forget!

A good time was had by all involved and we raised over $34,000 for the Toys and Games Fund at the hospital!! 

Way to go, everyone!!!!   See you all next year!!!!!

2 comments: