Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Le Tour de Terra Cotta - Bicycle Race - Monday, August 1, 2011

THIS was a really neat event to behold.  I'd never witnessed a cycling race before - only triathlons and running races... it was quite something to see the peleton get closer and CLOSER in my 340mm zoom lens as they approached!  At times, it felt as though I was about to get run over!!  LOL!!






Here is a shot of the BIG hill that the riders had to crest as part of their looped course...


Looks like fun, huh?  That's Heritage Road in Terra Cotta, ON.


There were over 600 shots in all, over about a 3 hour period.  I missed the TT and intermediate 52k races, which was a shame...  however I managed to shoot the beginner, youth and elite 104k races.  It was a really hot day on Sunday and I applaud all who participated in this event.

For more information on next year's event, check out http://www.letourdeterracotta.com/

See you at the races!!



No comments:

Post a Comment